Sunday, February 28, 2010

FTF Challenge - Crossfit Bako finishes 3rd!!!

First off - a huge thank you to CrossFit FTF for hosting a wonderful event.  It was a long, brutal day but we had a great time and the competition was tough.  There were 13 women competing - Manda finished 3rd.  Steve was a judge for all of the events - Lorenzo Neal (see pic below) was his athlete in the first WOD.

Here's a look at the WOD's:

10am - WOD #1
AMRAP 10 min
Ground to Overhead 135# male /95# female

Manda: 2nd place with 54 reps

2pm - WOD #2
7 rounds of
5 Deadlifts - Females 115#
7 Pull-Ups
10 KB Swings - Females 30#
12 Box Jumps - Females 20"
200m Run

Manda: 3rd place at 20:55

4:30pm - Final WOD
"The Truth"
400m Run
20 Burpees
18 Deadlifts - 70% Bodyweight
16 Chest to Bar Pullups
14 Ring Dips
12 Wall Balls - 12#
10 Front Squats - 70% Bodyweight
8 Power Cleans - 70%
6 Push/Split Jerk
4 Hand Stand Push-Ups
2 Muscle Ups
400m Run

Manda: Finished at Hand Stand Push-Ups for 3rd place overall.

I really had no idea what to expect going in to any of the WODs.  I was hoping to get around 30 reps for the first WOD and I surprised myself when I hit 30 reps at only 4 minutes into it.  By the 6th round of the 2nd WOD I was completely on auto-pilot - I don't even remember finishing.  I started off way too fast and had to really make myself find a good pace. The only thing keeping me going was knowing that I was slowly catching up to the others ahead of me.  When the 3rd WOD was posted I think we were all a bit crushed -  I was honestly expecting a quick doublet because the 2nd WOD took over 20minutes for everyone.  Once I got going the lifts started coming up easily and was doing really well until those darn hand stand push-ups.  Anyone who has seen me working on those in the gym knows they have been my goat for a while - and now you can bet you will see me working on them everyday ;)  Of course I would have loved to have placed 1st, but I'm so happy with my performance overall.  I think it speaks volumes to our programming at CrossFit Bako and what it can do.  I couldn't do a pull-up a year ago, I sit at a desk for 8 hours a day 5 days a week, I only workout 3 days a week - 4 if I'm lucky.  Just to be able to workout with some of the amazing female athletes that were there was a wonderful experience and pushed me to a level that I haven't experienced before - but I had all of the tools (lacking the HSPU of course) to do very well in all of the WODs. 



4 comments:

hedge said...

Great work Manda! You're awesome. Those three workouts back to back to back ... be proud!

Hey, the results from round one weren't posted on the FTF site - how many reps did the guys get? I've got to try that 10-minute test as a WoD sometime soon.

Sorry you didn't get a go at it Steve! Get well soon.

Manda said...

Thank you Hedge!!!!

Top guys reps for the first WOD:

84 reps
80 reps

Lorenzo Neal - 71 reps

Anonymous said...

WOD 1 posted under comments on our page now

hedge said...

Awesome. Keep it up you guys, you're the stuff.