Friday, April 9, 2010

"Death By Burpees!"

TGIF!

Today's WOD:

With a continuously running clock perform one burpee the first minute, two the second minute, three the third...etc. as long as you are able. The workout ends when you can no longer perform the number of burpees in the corresponding minute. 

Post number of minutes and reps.

***Reminder***

No Park WOD tomorrow!  We'll be out @ Hart Park @ 7:00am to sign in and warm up!  See you there!!!

Picture: Manda - 2010 SoCal Sectionals - 7:00am - Drake Stadium - UCLA, California.

2 comments:

hedge said...

Tried this on March 25th, with double burpees (2 on the first minute, 4 on the second, 6 on the third, etc, until I couldn't make the minute - happened on the 10th round)... I'll try again today and see if I can't make a bigger number doing singles. Good luck everyone! Post your progress!

hedge said...

14.11 rounds. I surely thought I could do better. Maybe it was me doing them on a really full stomach. Maybe I'm just not motivated beyond my daily allowance of burpees. Maybe (and this really is the real maybe) it's how any Death by event creeps up on you, building your expectation, before lowering the boom on you and your high hopes with a steamhammer of hypoxia.